Friday, May 9, 2008
Legends of Jazz Guitar
(Paul says:)
OK, it's time to get serious about this. I've made a list of most of the biggest names in the history of jazz guitar. They're so legendary, in fact, that most of them are dead, but we remember them still! Benson and Klugh have been around awhile (but are still living), while Charlie Christian and Django Reinhardt have been gone for 50+ years. I also included an extra Kenny Burrell track - "Chitlins Con Carne" - because I wanted the listener to gain appreciation for that song and how Stevie Ray Vaughan was able to grow it into something else. (His version is further down the page on this blog under the post "Familiar Bands - Unfamiliar Songs.") Man, these songs just kick! I hope you, Gentle Reader, get as much a kick out of them as do I.
P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment