Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Jazz Guitar Players
(Paul says:)
Since most people reading this come from a rock and roll background, I've begun by finding some jazz guitarists that I like to make the transition palatable. Also, this is "smooth" jazz, so the listener is not required to put for a great deal of effort but can appreciate some of the techniques involved and get a quick feel for some of these guys. There are some names that will be familiar to you - Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour - and some that are smooth jazz legends like Norman Brown and Paul Brown (more famous as a producer), and Jeff Golub used to play guitar for Billy Squier (before Avenue Blue, which was before he became a solo artist) and Craig Chaquico played for (Jefferson) Starship, but I hope you will appreciate all of them without any further commentary or analysis from me.
P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment