Saturday, April 19, 2008
Paul's Birthday
(Paul says:)
Yes, it's my birthday, although I'm old enough that I no longer relish such occasions. Still, it is nice to have people pamper me a little now and then.
As for the songs, I'll briefly discuss them (instead of like previous posts). The first is a Sesame Street version that actually has a pretty decent jam in the middle of it. The second song is a Stevie Wonder tune that I had never heard until I compiled this list yesterday. The third is Marilyn Monroe singing to JFK. It makes me wish I was the President of the United States! Then The Vandals sing a song with a certain obscenity in the title (but who can deny feeling this way at some time in their life!) and the 5th track is Andrew "Dice" Clay. "Weird Al" comes next, followed by The Beatles (although the track lists the artist as The Beetlez) cut that everyone knows (and that I was searching for when I got this idea). Steppenwolf and Jaco Pastorius contribute pretty decent cuts - two artists that I enjoy performing songs with which I was previously unfamiliar - and then there's R. Kelly. I hope all those names he names toward the end of the song are of legal age! I mainly included this tune to make that joke - hardly worth it, eh?
P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment