Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The grass is bluer


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com


(Ross says:)
I have always liked bluegrass music, but I only started to really explore deep into the genre in the last 5 or 6 years. The best way to enjoy bluegrass, in my humble opinion, is at a live show, preferably outdoors, preferably in some kind of mountain setting. My favorite show that I have attended was on the slopes of Deer Valley ski resort in the summer. My friend Kim and I dragged a cooler full of beverages for the two of us up the hillside and enjoyed Sam Bush, David Grisman, Yonder Mountain String Band, and a few others, all in one night! I know not everyone likes bluegrass, but if you like folk, blues, country, and/or jam bands, chances are you will hear something you dig in bluegrass if you give it a chance. If you like anything you hear, and want to go to a really fun show, check out the annual Bluegrass Festival at Grand Targhee ski resort in Alta, Wyoming. (the other side of the Teton mountains from Jackson Hole.) Enjoy!!

1 comments:

Ross & Paul said...

(Paul says:)
Nice bluegrass! Some of it I've heard before, but there were some things that were new to me. I've always liked Union Station and Bill Monroe, so those were great ways to open your playlist. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment