Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Used to Say I Hated New Wave




Howdy, Ross here. Now I let my waver freak flag fly high, and here is a little playlist to prove it. The version of "It's a Mistake" here is a newer recording done by Colin Hay (lead singer for the band Men at Work) on one of his solo albums. The album is called "Man at Work" and I think all the songs are new versions of old Men at Work songs. You may recall hearing the acoustic version of the song "Overkill" if you are a fan of the TV show Scrubs. Good stuff, Maynard.

My teenage daughter, Abby, is now a fan of Squeeze and The Cars, among others that are played on classic rock radio. It's hard for me to think of these bands as "classic rock", but what are ya gonna do? I'm just glad she has good taste.

'Til next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment