Create a MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com
Hey there, doomed musicheads, Ross here. This time I am getting to some roots. There used to be this show on KRCL 90.9 FM in Salt Lake City called Roots and Blues. I would listen religiously to this show while at work. The host's name was Troy, and he played all this great music that included blues, folk, bluegrass, and country. This playlist is not only sort of a taste of what Troy might play on that show, but an homage, for me, to KRCL in general. This radio station and the on-air hosts there have been responsible for turning me on to a very large amount of music that is out of the mainstream. Stuff that I would not have even thought to listen to, or seek out, had they not turned me on to it. Specifically, (but not limited to) bluegrass, folk, blues, and even hip-hop. Yes, hip-hop ladies and gentlemen, this white boy from Suburbia. (I'm sure I will discuss this with y'all in more detail in the future.)
But, Troy would play stuff that I had never heard before, and sometimes by artists that I knew. So when he did play something I had heard before, it was rare. That's what I dig about indie and internet radio. It's fresh. Not the same recycled hits you have heard for the last 40 years (or however old you happen to be). Thanks Troy, and KRCL!
'Til next time...
0 comments:
Post a Comment